02 April 2007

Le week-end étrange

Last week was a total anomaly. Since my last post, it’s only gotten weirder. Like, “I-don’t-even-want-to-talk-about-it” weird, or “Let-me-drink-2-bottles-of-champagne-and-wear-bunny-ears because-maybe-that-will-make-everything-better” weird. And that was before I even found out Caron Butler is going to be out for the rest of the season. So I’m hoping this week resumes some trend of normalcy and involves any or all of the following:

1. Ohio State losing the NCAA Championship
2. A new episode of 30 Rock


I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

If all that fails, I’m thinking I’m just going to have to take Saturday to bring it back down to neutral and take a personal day. This is where I leave my house for the majority of the day, leave my cell phone at home, and doing something alone. If it’s nice out, I think I’ll walk to the Smithsonian and check out a few of the current exhibits at the Hirshhorn (my favorite Smithsonian museum. I go about once or twice a year). Two of interest right now: “Ways of Seeing: John Baldessari Explores the Collection” and “Refract, Reflect, Project: Light Works from the Collection.” My absolute favorite art installation ever was a light project I saw at Le Centre Pompidou this summer. I’ve always liked modern art, but even more so since that trip. So I’m excited to see how this stacks up. Although, If it’s gross out, I’m thinking about going to E Street to see this French movie I read about: “Avenue Montaigne.” I saw “Blades of Glory” this weekend, so I feel like maybe I should balance that out with something remotely cultural. And also I have a weird obsession with everything French. And then there’s also the problem of me PROBABLY being the only person I know that wants to see that movie.

Or I could just host an all-day DRINKO tournament catered with tots and Cheetos. I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.

By the way, do any of you read New York Magazine?? (NOT The New Yorker, although I do read that too). NYMag does a chart every week—I guess you statisticians out there might call it a scatter plot of sorts—of events/people/inventions/ideas/things-in-general plotted against a x-axis that measures from “despicable” to “genius” and a y-axis that measures from “high-brow” to “low-brow.” It's one of my favorite NYMag features (along with The Look Book). I really think I could apply that chart to my life. Maybe that’s how I’ll start evaluating my weekends.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

1. all day drinko-fest please. that might make for interesting melting pot that night though

2. newyorker (i know you said not that one) is one of the two only magazines (not technical journals) in the united states written for a reading level above 11th grade.

3. http://xkcd.com/ another amusing scale :)